View Single Post
Old June 11, 2017, 10:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Thanks brockley . Yes I have. Imam's have to deal with a lot of stuff besides leading the 5 daily prayers and giving sermons and teaching community. Imam in the United States and also to some extent in UK, Australia are counselors, marriage experts, legal experts. there is such a massive need in our communities for Imams to get certified in many many things to serve the needs of community. The whole burden of your community is on your shoulders and you can't afford to mess up. You represent the religion of Islam, you represent your community. Once I am ready, God willing i can go that route. For now, I am very happy churning out software code . Being an Imam can be very stressful at times though it has its nice perks but at this stage in my life I still think I have tons more to learn and grow before i take upon such responsibility.

If i do become an Imam, I would also like to continue with some form of programming/coding/self-sustainable income. All the work I want to do is for God, nothing else.
Good luck Rifat. You will be a very good Imam. You have a very good knowledge of the Deen and I always learn something new whenever I meet you.

I don't agree with your every political stance but I do admire you as a person. One of the most honest and simple person I ever met. BK bhai is another.