View Single Post
Old June 10, 2017, 01:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
O you who have believed, respond to Allah and to the Messenger when he calls you to that which gives you life. And know that Allah intervenes between a man and his heart and that to Him you will be gathered.

Sahih International

surah anfal, ayah 24, chapter 8, verse 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
Now would elaborate this ayah please..
We as human beings are not perfect. Many people fail or struggle with most of the tests and trials that we go through. There are many many many instances of many good believing people straying off the straight path at times. There are many who at times does not offer their 5 daily prayers/fasting in ramadan although in the past they used to. Allah's signs are all around us, within us. creation of the heavens and the earth is enough for us to reflect and ponder over. Allah created us to worship him. that is our purpose. Think of these signs as a "wake-up call". it can be in the form of a death of a family member or in the form of anything else in any way shape or form it's the sudden realization for a human being that he is here on this earth, this life, everything it serves a purpose. This is what I understand to be the meaning of "O you who have believed, respond to Allah and to the Messenger when he calls you to that which gives you life".

When the human beings commit sin(disobedience to the orders of Allah), stains are accumulated in the heart and over time the sin upon sin upon sin makes the heart go hard to the point when you don't feel anything, you are deprived of goodness. the words of Allah(Qur'an recitation) does not move you to tears. Listen to your inner voice. The true source of happiness and success both in this life and the hereafter is in the firm obedience to Allah subs wa ta'la. This is what I understand to be the meaning of "O you who have believed, respond to Allah and to the Messenger when he calls you to that which gives you life".

I believe this ayah is specifically calling those people to return to Allah so that the dead hearts can be revived. True Belief lies in the heart.

Allah knows best!