View Single Post
Old July 6, 2023, 08:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
So many posts about Tamim not being in form. Am I missing something here? Top 3 run getter for Bangladesh in the last one year in ODIs. Right before this Afghanistan match, he hit a match winning 69 against Ireland in Chelmsford which was the highest score for the team. I find it ridiculous that people are saying Tamim’s form is an issue. This is an irreplaceable loss. World Cup will see big scores and Almost everytime we successfully chased a 300 plus score, it has been Tamim providing a solid foundation. Whether it was World Cup ‘19 against West Indies or World Cup ‘15 against Scotland or a response to that Charles Coventry 194 where we chased down 300+ because of Tanim’s 150 plus. It’s such a sad day for our cricket.
Dear Shehwar, it wasn't "so many posts" but mainly me pointing it out. I get your point and honestly haven't dug up his stats. I also haven't watched the video fully where he was emotional and thus cannot empathize. As much as I have been a huge fan of Tamim, pointing out he has been a deadweight - to put in bluntly- may be in a poor taste on his day of retirement - but it had to be said from me.

And lol I can't wait to see how the drama unfolds. CricFrenzy and other Bangla 'news' networks got it as if he will be back. I won't even be damned if he were to return the very next match. Haha.

And by the way, you are seriously not bringing up his Coventry riposte? That was which decade.... Damn I am getting old.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles