View Single Post
Old July 6, 2023, 02:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

A day before Tamim retired Papon questioned his professionalism in an interview

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/d...rement-1386182

Quote:
On the morning of the first ODI on Wednesday, the Bengali daily Protidiner Bangladesh published an interview with BCB president Nazmul Hassan, who accused Tamim of being unprofessional, a response to the captain's statement that he wanted to play the first ODI against Afghanistan despite not being fully fit. Hassan also said head coach Chandika Hathurusinghe was irate with Tamim's statement.

"The captain is saying before the first match of the series that he is not fit but he will play," Hassan told the newspaper. "He will understand his fitness by playing the match. It is not a professional attitude. I don't know why Tamim would say such a thing. I spoke to the coach who is not used to such behaviour. He is upset. Tamim has to tell us clearly what he wants to do. I will go to Chattogram to watch the match.

"I lost my temper at Tamim's statement. Hathu shouted at me for half an hour on the phone. Did he think it is a street cricket match? He is saying he will check his fitness by playing the match. Either you are fit, or you're not fit. The doctors can't find anything. The coach told me what he said [in the media]. Tamim has to decide what he wants to do. He is always unsure if he wants to play or not. He did it in the previous match too."