View Single Post
Old January 21, 2010, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I also think Bashar and Rajin can play for test cricket. And they seemed to be scoring pretty good in the NCL. The fact of the matter is, Test cricket is a matter of patience, refined technique and the balance of strategy and aggression. In ODI, I fully support not having Bashar or Rajin but if we are talking about a 90 over match,, a 20 year old is bound to get impatient and forget his role. And besides Bashar has the highest 50s in Test cricket and still is the most successful captain of BD team. He can be a stop gap player until we get another player groomed for Test.

If we are to replace Ashraful, it should be another experienced cricketer in the team than another U-19 player. Unfortunately, I dont think our management has that type of a maturity in vision or long term thinking. To them, they think T20, ODI, Test is the same type of cricket..I would fully disagree that we dont have the depth for separate teams. As I said before, had it been the BD team, Dravid, Sachin, Laxman, Shevagh wouldve been forced to retirement 5years ago!!!