View Single Post
Old September 14, 2018, 12:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
speaking of zikir, I had an interesting interaction with someone few years ago. I was getting out of masjid after a maghrib prayer and this Bengali guy I vaguely know stopped me. So after the initial hi hello he was telling me about the virtues of zikir.

long story short he is a murid (follower) of some peer in Bangladesh. I have always been skeptical of those practices. but he tells me he can teach me some tricks where my heart will continue doing zikir even when I sleep. I said how? that is physically impossible. he says his peer has taught him how.

I said bhai amar jaite hobe. ajke time nai trick shikhar. never followed up.

the way I see, zikir is more than just the lip service. saying aloud those Arabic sentences even without understanding does little good. It is about being conscious of the meaning of the words and saying it out of reverence and devotion.
The way I see it is basically like Hindu mantra or positive affirmations or any form of chanting that basically programs your mind to think of good things or kinda exercises your thoughtwaves like entrainment.

Nothing wrong it. Again coming from a kufr's perspective, we just think whatever you think 60,000 of the day it will have better focus and force than whatever you don't think of 60,000 of the day.

But bruh you should'av stayed there and learned them some David Blaine tricks. Woul'v comed handy in bar...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles