View Single Post
Old November 8, 2018, 01:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I wish Muslims would not get in unneccesary debates about Prophet (SAW). So what some people think negatively of him or speak ill of him, isn’t that exactly what the people of Quraish did, yet not a single day go by people all over the world praise him and follow his footsteps. Allah has already honored him. The best thing we can do is to live our life following his footstep. Let’s put more focus on how we honor him, rather than what others who have already made up their mind say. I would argue by getting in these heated debates, you are going against the example shown by Prophet (SAW).
What you have said is correct and I agree with it in spirit, but I responded only because someone totally unnecessarily brought up an incident from the life of the Prophet (S) that is used in our day and age left and right to assassinate/disparage his character.

We live in an age of information. Therefore, glossing over and turning the other cheek is no longer an option. It is no longer good enough to teach our children Islam how it used to be taught, say 100 years ago. When they grow up, sooner or later they will inevitably come across topics like right hand possession, Prophet's marriage to Aisha and Zainab, incident of Banu Quraidha, and many other verses from the Quran and the ahadeeth, which are deemed politically incorrect in our time. And if they are not firmly equipped with proper knowledge and Islamic critical analysis/perspective on these topics, when they will learn it out of nowhere, and God forbid from non-Muslims or atheists, more often than not it will have a serious negative impact on their faith and they may leave faith altogether. And this has been happening in the Muslim communities not only in North America, but all over the world.

Remember, truth sets you free, suppressing or glossing over it does not.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.