View Single Post
Old December 14, 2012, 12:11 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Guys.. please...

Reading what you some on the first page are saying here you seem to be trying to nit pick what is wrong with what I am doing or questioning my coaching skills or something else. However I don't see sponsors of the BCB doing much about the pace bowlers.

I have been trying for 20 years to find sponsors for coaching academies and pace bowling ventures. I have spoken to literally 100s of wealthy people in this time. The facts are that no pace academy exists in Bangladesh and I am more than happy to come and start one up.

The idea is simple: if people wish to donate anything towards coaching pace bowlers in Bangladesh they can. If they don't wish to, then don't. This includes businesses, too. I am not a recluse. I am easy to contact.

The thread is NOT misleading. Go the link. All monies that comes from Bangladesh companies and donations will go towards a Bangladesh Pace Academy or coaching. I can't be any straighter than that!

I am happy to tie in with any existing coaching scheme or cricket academy in Bangladesh. I have no preferences. I simply wish to make a difference.

As I said, if you don't want to get involved then don't. But please don't rubbish the idea. If you have a better solution and contacts to make it happen (not just dream boat, "pie in the sky" ideas) then please contact me.

We can all sit about and moan about things or we can try to do something about it. I am contacting business people in the UK too, who have Bangladeshi interests. At least I am doing something positive....

Last edited by Ian Pont; December 14, 2012 at 02:07 PM..