View Single Post
Old March 23, 2011, 08:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

West Indies would be all out under 80 if Pakistan didn't drop 3 simple sitters in the space of 3-4 overs after W.Indies collapsed to 72/8. That pitch favors the bowling team no doubt. I think it was done like that after that India-BD game (which ppl complained was too batting friendly). It was credit to South Africa's excellent batting and some luck that they managed to score that much against BD in that pitch. I recall there were at least 3 chances when BD could get South Africa collapse to much lower score but somehow they fought and got lucky in some instances. Great teams like that just need 1 or 2 breaks to recover. BD didn't have it, England had trouble, W.Indies also had trouble and also Ireland had trouble in that pitch. But that's the challenge you have to face. It seems batting second in that pitch in a careful manner can get you to a decent score. I don't think we should fault the pitch though about the results themselves, out ream need to learn to play in any condition. But I will say that 58 and 78 score probably wouldn't be as low if playing in a more batting friendly wicket.