View Single Post
Old March 25, 2011, 12:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
And where is this line of going overboard, seriously this attitude disgusts me.

I just had a Bengali Society meeting at university, and we have quite a few pakistanis there as well who came along and are members as well.

What happened in the past was bad, but was perpetrated by our own people and the corrupt pakistani government/military (that nowadays abuse their own people), it doesnt warrant this attitude at all.

And like it or not, a lot of Bengalis share the same roots and heritage with Pakistanis.
Imagine a line.

On one side of the line are Bangladeshis who support the Pakistani cricket team. They clap. They cheer when a boundary is scored or when a wicket is taken. They express disbelief when their favourite batsmen get out.

On the other side of the line are another set of Bangladeshis. These Bangladeshis also support the Pakistani cricket team. Only...they sport Pakistani jerseys, carry Pakistani flags, paint their faces in the colours of the Pakistani flag, etc.

Both sides of the line represent Bangladeshis who support the Pakistan cricket team. One style of support is perfectly acceptable. The other simply reflects lack of self-worth, a servile attitude and total lack of respect for one's own flag (and what it represents).

I leave it to you to figure out which side is which.

Thank you. Good bye.