View Single Post
Old March 22, 2016, 09:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Saqlain Sajib was getting decent amount of turn yesterday against Australia he was just not pitching it in the right areas at times. I think that's why Mortaza persisted with him.

Captains sometimes take gambles, when it pays off he is a genius, when it doesn't people are ready to throw stones... it is part of the game, no need to get riled up. Yes, Mortaza and co are human and they make mistakes too...

Imagine Mortaza used Mustafizur and Shakib and AlAmin instead of Sajib in that over finishing their quota and then sajib bowled the 20th over and Australia needed 17 off 6 and got it....People would then be blaming Mortaza for not saving the last over with your best bowler. I am pretty sure stuff like that happened in the past with Bangladesh and Bangladesh lost. Of Course, Mortaza himself would never bowl the 20th over and we all know why(past record)

There is a saying in English: "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't"
What about his field placing? Aussie hit 5 boundaries exactly through the same area and Sunny also pointed this out. His bowling change and persist with Saqlain was one of the worst decisions in recent past.