View Single Post
Old March 28, 2016, 09:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingullu4
My recommendation from an outsider's point of view is this.

Bangladesh is a side which traditionally has a core of young inexperienced players. To extract the best out of them, you need the opposite perhaps more than any other side. So the captain should be more mature and calm. When I look at Bangladesh I see exterior calmness in Tamim but not interior. I think he feels pressure and would crumble in it. Mushfiq is simply too over exhuburent and completely the wrong guy. Mahmadullah may be an option but are Bangladesh prepared to stick with him for a long period, even if there are failures?

Constantly changing is not going to do any good for Bangladesh, it doesn't do India or Pak any good and it doesn't do England do. In fact chopping and changing hurts every single side. So pick someone who you think is able to captain for the next 5/6 years, not someone who you're happy with at the moment.
Mahmudullah Riyad is not overtly talented like Ashraful or Tendulkar but Bangladesh team management has been persisting with him for over almost 10 years(the fruits have started to pay off now), Thank God he has matured and developed into a full fledged well rounded cricketer tremendously. I think he has about 5-6 years of cricket left in him... under normal circumstances, I think he is the right man for the job.

Shakib al Hasan is a good tactician but many off field issues in the past does not make him the ideal choice for captain(excellent vice captain though).

some players have not matured(at least internally) into full fledged adults despite age due to excessive fame and money at such a young age...sorry if this comment is hurtful but i call it as i see it.