View Single Post
Old February 14, 2003, 07:15 AM
Cricket Legend

About our top order today, I don't know what to say. They never got in, so its hard to judge. However, what the hell was Hannan doing playing an expansive drive to the first ball of the innings. He just doesn't have ANY brains whatsoever. But the dismissal I was most disappointed with was Rokon's. Having seen 4 wickets go down at the other end in the first over, he should have realized that it called for someone to play a sensible, responsible innings. And he had the perfect partner in Kapali at the other end to build something up. But, he decided not to learn a damn thing from the first over!

As for the bowlers, they are definitely better. However, the one day game is so stacked in favour of batsmen anyway, that even if the bowlers were crap, it wouldn't make much of a difference, it wouldnt be as noticeable. Test teams score 300 against each other in 50 overs, so whats so bad about scoring 350 against us? We can't be humiliated because of our bowling unless the opposition scores 400 or something.

Our batting, that is another matter altogether. Till our batsmen realize that its better to play 50 overs for about 3.5 - 4 an over than play 25 at 5.5 an over, we are going to see many more repeats of today. For Gods sake our opener should know better than to try to hit the first ball for 4. Its probably unfair to pick on one person when they all do so terribly, but I think Hannan must go. He does so much more damage than good. I just cant help feel that had he decided to block that first ball from Vaas, the whole innings could have been a different story. I just don't know what he was thinking!