View Single Post
Old October 10, 2011, 03:11 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

congrats offstump on your ticket purchase. I wish i had the opportunity to go.

mirpur drainage system is superb so i think t-20 er jonne shomoi ber kora jaabe even if it rains

I hope our batters will go into this game with a game plan. Over the years I have never seen any sort of game plan in action from our team be it targetting specific bowlers, taking power play early, using certains fields for specific opposition batters etc. T-20 was never about mindless slogging... its about controlled hitting and taking calculated risks. I hope some of the boys watched the semi final games in Champions league to understand what controlled hitting is all about.

Out of all our batsman Alok seems to atleast have a strategy to play out a few balls before going for the big shots. I hope he can pass this message to our most important player Shakib who swung his bat like a school kid during Kolkata's games. We need to to have a solid start for once from our openers. If Tamim bats till the 15th over... we will surely have a defendable total. Kayes needs to negotiate the pace bowling and rotate strike and same goes for Naeem and Mahmudullah. If we lay a platform like 75/1 after 10 overs then with the hitting ability of Alok, Ash, Nasir we can get another 80-85 runs in the last 10 with the remaining wickets... which will get us to the desired total.