Thread: Boxing
View Single Post
Old April 26, 2013, 02:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
How did you score Trout-Canelo?

I thought Trout was robbed. Yes scoring is subjective, but I will be not apologetic for how I score as I've been scoring them a long time and most of the time my card is identical or very similar to Harold Lederman.(not saying he is the best, but much better than the judges ringside)
I had it 117-110 for Trout.

Face touches or grazes are also effective punches,people forget this. Trout outlanded Canelo with his jabs almost every round. Defense, ring generalship and aggressiveness don't even come into question because of how much Trout touched Canelo. And in any case, if you can prove one of those factors in favor of Canelo, I can easily prove another of those factors in favor of Trout. Anyway, in a one sided fight like this, those shouldn't even matter.

Terrible commentating by showtime( having Canelo ahead), terrible broadcasting(just showing all of Canelo's punches), terrible judges obviously, and last but not least terrible fans who just ride the most popular bandwagon and don't trust their eyes.

1 - Trout - Won the fight with Jab, straight to the body, Won on Workrate

2 - Canelo - Landed better punches, Better Combination

3 - Trout - Outboxed Canelo, good movement

4 - Canelo - Landed the better punches won a even round towards the end

5 - Trout - Won simply on workrate, threw alot of nothing punches - Close round

6 - Canelo - Trout had workrate on his side, but Alvarez landed enough clean punches to even it up, won the round on Defence - Close round

7 - Canelo - 10-8, better punches + KD

8 - Trout - outjabbed and outworked S.A

9 - Canelo - Both men exchanged good punches, Canelo with the cleaner punches, again better defence

10- Trout - outworked Canelo, Canelo with the better punches, but in this round Quantity>Quality

11- Canelo - Landed the better punches, Outboxed Trout, seemed to stun him towards the end aswell

12- Trout - outworked Canelo

Total 114 - 113 - Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, although close on the cards, I only see one winner and that is Alvarez, He landed the better punches, showed better Defence and offence. Trout simply had workrate on his side. Trout Even admitted he lost to the better man and he did. No way did Trout win that fight.

Alvarez won 5 clear rounds, Trout won 5, 2 were close, I gave them 1 Each (just the way it turned out)

Face touches or grazes are also effective punches - Am going have to correct, they dont, thats not a subjective thing, thats just something you have got wrong, effective punches are clean punches, if any connects were the case, Joe Calzaghe would have never lost a round.

This fight was anything but One sided, for either fighter.

Ring generalship - Canelo controlled where the fight took place, he decided if was going to fight off the ropes or in the center of the ring.

Defence, is not simply about not getting hit - thats amateur style scoring, in the pro ranks, defence includes the actual punches, Trout simply did not land anything of significance in the whole fight, Canelo had the superior defence - as Trout admitted in The post fight conference. JMM is seen as having a great defence, check his punch states because he has been hit quite a few times. James toney, his defence is seen as an ATG, but he also gets clipped, but that only leads to hard counter shots in return

You are ranking work rate too highly, 1 solid punch > 3 grazed punches, I have been in the ring, let me tell you I rather take 5 grazing punches than 1 solid clean punch.

Also remember Canelo did not try his hardest, He was so far ahead on the judges scorecards he didnt need to win the rounds - Thats why I hat open Scoring. Judges had the fight wrong, but neither fighter won by more than a point.