Thread: Financial News
View Single Post
Old December 27, 2020, 11:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
10 bagger .. wow nice. Congrats . I feel jealous .

I think u should write about things when u buy or when u research . This is a well educated forum (doesn't have to be market educated )..ppl can make their own call.

Ppl should be aware of alternate investments also . Atleast learn .

I still don't believe in bitcoin. It just doesn't make sense to me still but like I said I will listen to u if u got money and I don't and u believe in it LOL
I have only 2 Canadian companies in my spec portfolio and both have been very good to me. I've referenced the other one in at least 10 posts since 2017 - it's the cannabis stock Aphria (APHA). The cannabis industry has been going through a price discovery phase since 2017 and Canada has been the clear leader. Since the 2017 bubble burst the sector has been undervalued - even until recently they were priced like value stocks in a relatively new growth sector. The obvious challenge is separating the good from the bad as many of these companies won't even survive. Why my choice was APHA? I've felt they're the best of breed. Their product is high quality - my friends tried it , they have a very efficient supply chain and the lowest production cost.

I started buying at near bottom and ended up with avg buy price of $2.50. Based on my calculations I thought it should be valued $6+. Every time it hit $4-6 I'd sell and buy back at $3-4. After the recent bull run I finally sold most of my holding at $8. It probably has another 10-20% upside left but I'm ok with leaving that on the table as my focus has shifted elsewhere.

I also don't believe that BTC will take over the world or anything I just think they may have a large enough user base to make the supply demand equation to work in their favor. Anyway enough spec talk for one day - don't want to wake up folks from their beauty sleep