View Single Post
Old October 11, 2011, 09:44 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I hope the T-20 victory will not cover up our weaknesses that needs to be sorted out in the ODI series.
In the T-20 game:
Our pacers failed to get wickets with the new ball- i would say give Nazmul a chance because he bowls wicket to wicket and might get us a breakthrough.

We lost 4 wickets scoring 50 runs-Seriously need a capable batsman in between Tamim,Kayes,Ash,Shakib who are all unpredictable. I would say put Mushfiq somewhere in between as super glue for the batting order since Ryad is unavailable.

Didn't make use of Nasir and Alok while bowling- these two guys do not deserve a place solely on their batting. They should be viewed as batting alrounders just like Farhad Reza, Naeem etc. So in the 50 over game we better make a plan on how to maximize their contribution.

Openers need to play long innings- Since its Bishoo we are worried about most.. it is highly important that at least one left hander stays at the crease majority of the time. At the moment we have three out of which two are openers and usually do not survive till the spinners. This needs to change as we have only right handers to follow afterwards (apart from Shakib)