View Single Post
Old June 23, 2008, 01:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
i missed half of the match. they way two batsman got out, all i can say is "shocking".

Ireland batted first only to score 159 runs. all the bowlers bowled well specially Robin who took 5 wickets. Bangladesh is struggling at the moment with 28 for 2. Both the openers (Junayed & imrul) are gone. Soft dismissal. Junayed played few lovely shot before getting out and Imrul scored a duck. Both of the dismissals were exactly same. due to the slowness of the wickets both batsmen played little early and end up with soft dismissal.

There's a rain break at the moment and rajin(6) and faisal(4) are at the crease.

I had breif chat with Syed Rasel and Nadif. Especially nadif, who is a nice guy. we talked about different aspect of life and he may not be as gifted as Chanderpaul but he wouldn't be any less polite than him. He was wasn't picked today and he made me promise not to tell anyone about it. but without seeing him play, i have become his fan.

Rasel bowled really well who was struggling with injury couple of months ago. got only a wicket but conceded only 15 runs in his 10 overs.

Match summary so far

Ire A- 159
Strydom 41, Thompson 28*
Rasel - 10-4-15-1
Roblin- 16.3-1-57-5
Nazmul-8-2-29-1
Shuvro-11-2-29-1
Sunny-7-1-14-1
Islam-2-1-3-1

Bangladesh A
43/3
junayed 9
Imrul 0
Saleh 6
Faisal 5*
naeem 16*
Sovik Bro thanks for the inside scoop. But i am not clear the not telling part. What did you promise not to tell? any hints?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled

Last edited by akabir77; June 23, 2008 at 02:03 PM..