Thread: "Nayeera"
View Single Post
Old March 11, 2005, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally posted by crickethorizon
"My name is Nayeera!"
(I deny to call it merely a science fiction)by Dr. Zafar Iqbal.
I haven' read it nor am I planning to read it. Sounds very interesting but It will take me quiet a while to actually finish a bangla book. Anywyas, fill us in as to why you wouldn't call it a mere "science fiction". What kind of "ethical" issues does he raise in the book. What abuses does he particularly mention? It will be interesting to hear how a scientist feel in playing God.

If you want my personal opinion - I wholeheartedly encourage these kind of research (ie stem cell research, cloning etc) eventhough my close kins may not appreciate it I wouldn't want human cloning right now though.. even the thought should be forbidden. it's too imperfect. But eventually it will happen and it will just be part of life - just like adoption/abortion/gay marriage etc. Sad indeed!

Quote:
[In short, the story is about the fightback of a 15 year old girl who had been illegally cloned from the genes of a prolific yet beautiful scientiest (woman) without her permission or knowledge! ]
I am a bit confused here - may just be the sentence structure. Who feels the permission was necessary? The cloned girl or the mother (beautiful scientis)? If it is the cloned girl, I think it is a stupid plot. Were you asked for permission before your mom conceived you? I don't think so!

asif.. there are online bangla stores.. ck it out. But in US - particularly in NY - they have everything.... they got things that you don't even have in BD except for bangla potitas, All are mexicans here

Edited on, March 11, 2005, 7:52 PM GMT, by Orpheus.
Reason: this post was too clean - felt naked.