View Single Post
Old August 13, 2009, 02:03 AM
Cricket Savant

I can relate to the following quote because once I was all alone on Thaksgiving eating Jack-In-The-Box in my car before going to nightduty as security guard. This is for all those who thinks rap is just about mindless cussin' and the rappers get paid a mil for rappin 'ho' with 'fo sho' failing to see the real story beneath the veneer of violence and swearing.

Quote:
He also hopes the purpose of the graphic nature of The Documentary doesn't get twisted. "I'm telling my story. I'm out to please no one but myself. I'm not telling anybody to sell drugs or pick up guns. When I sold drugs it was because it was my last resort, because I had four sisters and an older brother and we were eating Cheerios on Thanksgiving. When I picked up a gun, it was because my life was threatened. If you don't want to hear that; then don't listen. I'm not glorifying the life I lived because I wouldn't wish that on anybody. I'm just one human being raised in the 'hood who wanted nothing more than to get out." [ The Game the Rapper ]

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles