Thread: UEFA Euro 2008
View Single Post
Old June 9, 2008, 01:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtylish cricketer
Nice to see Sohel NR bhai and Beams also supporting France. I too think Portugal has the best offensive players in the tournament and will also be a threath to reckon with. In world cups my favourite team has always been Argentina for as long as I've watched soccer but after the success of France in 1998 (along with the influence of my african friends) when I was still in Montreal in sec I, I became a fan of the french team. I must say Zizu was god like to them. I would still be supporting Argentina during the WC.
Tame start by the French to the cup. They always start slow like this. '02-'06 WC case in point when they lost to Senegal and drew with Swiss I believe. They missed the experience of Viera and Henry from what little I saw today. Benzema looks like a good young ball player though. He will star in the future. Ribery runs on jet fuel. He never stops running. Amazing stamina he has.

For me, its always Brazil no.1 from the days of '82, my first WC. That team was the best one post pele that didn't win the cup. They had amazing players like Zico, Socrates, Falcao, Junior, Eder, Careca etc. They were let down by the Defense and the goalie that year, a far cry these days with Brazilan D men dominating in European leauges.

This group is open now. Lets see what Italy does with Dutch. The Dutch have defensive issues and injury to key players like Robben and Van Parsie. Look for a Italy win today.