View Single Post
Old March 22, 2012, 01:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakil_TX
It's easy for us to all sit here and analyze and criticize our players, what went wrong or what could have been done differently. But guys let's admit Bangladesh has definitely exceeded all of our expectations. I mean who would have thought that we would be in the finals or even win against any of the other teams!! I have been following BD cricket for a long time and I have never seen us playing with so much determination and heart.
+1.

Before the start of this tournament, most of us here in the BC forum were expressing that only one win is more likely and we did not expect any more than that.
Fact is, we kicked India butt out of the cup final and beat Lanka fare and square.
I am sure, everyone played their heart out, with so much pressure in a tight game at this magnitude, some of the most experienced senior players buckled, let alone the young ones.
This group of players had never been under such pressure prior to this match.

I can now dream of us beating quality opponent on a regular basis. I can now walk into any conversation among my Indian, Pakistani or any other great 8s co-workers and not be taken lightly when it comes to cricket.