View Single Post
Old February 11, 2003, 11:18 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default 30-40 runs surplus

The spinners did a great job but would someone explain to me why a seasoned campaigner like Rafique bowled those wides when there were NO PRESSURE on our bowlers ? Seriously, what gives ? Masri got hit for a few 4's but most of them were just lucky nicks. I expected more speed but after watching the speed of other "BIG' stars, his 83-87 does not look too bad. He just needs to hit those woodwork or atleast aim for it.

Manju did not look that impressive. case in point, he couldn't even bowl to line against the two tails and almost went for a 6 before Kapali came and rescued us from more embarrasment.

Watching Sattaur (someone called him a threat after looking at Canada's prepraration match scorecard) bat was excruciating. If we kept him till the end, Canada would have been all out for 140-150. Haven't seen such a parar cricketer on international pitches. Even his own tailenders looked more comfortable out there. Also, he looked like he's a motel owner with grown kids.

Kapali - bravo ... Sanwar - all rounder ? Maybe not, but di dbetter then Rafique when it came to line and extras. However, none of them could generate much turn (pitch maybe?), thank god Canada has such bad players. On that note, it's a shame that the match went into the 50th over and their last wicket scored 21 runs. Awful shame. If we batted first and had a good lead, I would have given tapash another chance to redeem himself.

Fielding was very good except for that first run. The fielder got the ball and casually threw the ball back into the 30 yards (not to a teammate) and they scored couple of extra runs. Canada's indecision and our speed got the better of their two promising (not age wise) players. Good to see none scored a 50. Now, all matches till this one had a centurian so it's turn for someone to keep up the tons. This can't be the only match without a century, can it ?