View Single Post
Old September 24, 2018, 10:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I got so excited about IF that I have decided to start from today. I had my dinner at 7 last night and I skipped my breakfast. But Today I have a work lunch at a buffet place. There goes my IF

But I like the fact that in IF, you can eat as much as you like. That is the best part actually. But have to cut down on rice and biriyani. Also potatoes and beans. But like you guys have said, need to drink a lot. Keeping yourself hydrated is the key
Dude. Even if you have work buffet make it count and work for you and not against you. Just get rid of all carbs and eat plenty of veggies and meat, you will be fine. Trust me, been there done that. Esp travel since it is a b---.

For instance, yesterday I starved myself till Bangladesh won and treated myself with Mongolian BBQ. Although it was carb laden but the opportunity was too good to pass. However, since I was in fasted state I wasn't THAT lethargic.

Remember the final outcome and what takes precedence ABOVE everything else is your overall mindset, spirituality and well being. Forget about diet- and this is important for everyone- ask yourself HOW DO YOU FEEL?

Again and again that is the most important. Be in caloric deficit and make sure your stress don't spike insulin up or avoid ghrelin craving that comes in waves around meal times. Just drink water to calm yo' stomach down. I don't mean to bring religion into this - and I know TBF is itching to pounce upon his favorite topic - but there is a reason why God wanted us to fast everyday before Mohammad(PBUH) cajoled him otherwise! LOL!! Maybe our dear prophet got this wrong. But any rate, IF everyday is a great way to build willpower, discipline as well as tame and conquer ..lol hunger.

Man should be master of his mind not other way around. And as of today, we are utter slaves to the female dominatrix called Hunger. Hunger. Growl...meo...

Why do I always make a fool out of myself?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles