View Single Post
Old October 5, 2012, 08:02 AM
MLC World Series I

Default Corruption and English Football

Two very interesting articles questioning corruption in English Football.

I wanted to post this in the EPL thread, but this spans across decades, so thought, might as well open a new thread, as this asks for an interesting discussion.

Article 1:
Quote:
The Truth is Out There

Please follow me on twitter, new handle: www.twitter.com/DimmyBad and check out the follow up post to this article, http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-bl...lish-game.html
Oliver Stone once said: “Paranoia is having all the facts”. Many of us die hard football fans know exactly what he means.

I've long held the view that something very fishy goes on in English football.

I’m not the most naturally trusting of guys anyways. When it comes to institutions, I'm downright skeptical of them. I have very little respect or trust in governments, police, and media or football institutions. It's not me being paranoid either: week after week, I’m proven correct on my doubts about them (to any Liverpool fan the findings of the Hillsborough report came as absolutely no surprise).

When it comes to football, it's not even lack of trust. It's plain common sense.

Read More..
Article 2:
Quote:
Corruption and Influence Peddling in the English Game

Please follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/DimmyBad

After I wrote my last piece, http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-bl...out-there.html, on Manchester United’s relationship with the FA, I was taken aback by the response I had.The post has gotten around 30,000 hits in the last 48 hours alone. I suggest to people who haven’t read it to jump to that post now as it gives a lot of background on what we will look at in this article.

As stated in my previous post, the fortunes of the institutions surrounding football in the UK will be negatively hit should any proof of corruption come out. It is naturally in their interest not to investigate the matter. In fact, the managers that have come out and questioned the refereeing
selection process (Rafa Benitez, Andre Villas Boas) have been turned into laughing stocks by the English press corps.

So, investigate some more I did. And some of the stuff I found out surprised even me.

Read More..