View Single Post
Old June 20, 2018, 05:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
of course we are. Bengal as a region has always been very football oriented. We embraced cricket much much later compared to other regions in the subcontinent.

It's a shame we don't take football seriously now. If countries like Panama, Saudi, Peru etc. can make it, why can't we at least get close?

If I were BFF president, I would select 100 or so little kids and send them to top youth academies across Europe and Latin America. We can get those big clubs to do some scouting and sponsor 4-5 kids in their academies. Heck even send them to some ghetto neighborhoods in Brazil.

I get goosebumps watching our cricket team in WC. Imagine in football WC! The feeling will be infinite times better.

If I had to choose between winning cricket WC or getting into football WC, I would choose the latter.
Hahaha alhamdulillah i suggested this idea at the get together only if it is implemented. Definitely doable. Only problem is to see the results we need to wait 15-20 years can we wait that long? If we can wait 20 years for cricket i think so...