View Single Post
Old July 24, 2012, 03:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
As I mentioned in other thread, we should not take anything for granted. Few of the dutch players have county experience and also it seems that players like Barresi, Cooper, Borren and Ryan ten Doeschate (damn i hope i had the spelling right) are good batters and all played with county teams. Not that long ago, Bukari guy gave us nightmare! removing top orders. So, it won't be walk in the park. Our SLAs really need to work hard and fix their line and length to get the breakthroughs.
don't know anything about barresi and borren but cooper use to play for the NSW and South Australian teams and was pretty decent, at one stage he was seen as a pretty good prospect for the australian team in future. ryan ten doeschate is commonly known to be one of the best allrounders to not play test cricket (although originally from south africa), he's played alot of county cricket and has performed well there with both bat and ball (in FC averages 47 with the bat and 33 with the ball from 93 matches in list A's averages 45 with the bat and 28 with the ball from 142 matches). you only have to look at RTD's ODI stats to see he's definitely decent (bat average of 67 and bowl average of 24), even in t20I's bat average of 42 and bowl average of 20. he's played in australia, south africa, england but plays for netherlands, quite obviously good if you can make teams in those places.