View Single Post
Old May 5, 2012, 01:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar umpire
That's your take-all the grapes I've had have been sweet
From my experience playing and watching, I think Narine will struggle against guys who use their feet or have a big reach. Other than that 5 wicket haul if you saw narine got the other wickets most were either in the last over where the batsmen are simply going crazy with no regard for their wicket

Mendis was a far more talented bowler than narine and even he faded out. Fact is from a spinners point of view at a professional level variations in flight and pace are far more important in getng wickets than massively turning googlies and whatnot
In T20 its far more important to keep runs in check than get wickets. His economy rate is up there in the top 3 I think, Malinga is up there. He picks up wickets in the end because Gambhir saves him for the end because so far he has done an awesome job of keeping it tight. So it sense for the captain to save him for the end. Offcourse players go for slogs at the end, thats the number 1 reason every bowler picks up wicket at the end not just narine. Sure only time will tell wheather he is a one hit wonder or not but at least for now give him some credit.

I love Narine bowling action, there's just something about it that makes it nice to watch