Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Default How to get rich - without using the TM too much

The Night Watchman
From the Pavilion news site.
Home » How to get rich - without using the TM too much
How to get rich - without using the TM too much
Posted on April 21st, 2009
Posted by triplelite under Howzzat!
This is based on my personal experience, I’m sure others have found their own ways but this is mine.

At the beginning, I was poorish, with 70-100k and it was only boosted by abit. All my competition were on the low ends of divisions.

I generally keep my players, and especially the ones that perform for my club. And I actually find this is rather important. I know a club that continuously buys and sells players, which has earned him a profit. We now have around the same match ratings, but the difference is that his team continues to fail him and he’s stuck at SOD Div 5 (Actually, that league is actually relatively competitive). So please, have a goal to aim for the top flight by not selling priceless players that would really help your squad promote higher.

————————————————†”————————————————⠀”———————————————— –

So ofcourse, after one or two seasons, there was really one thing that has boosted my finances and that was prizemoney. I raked up to about 600k and it was only after season 2 (about 6 months) that I bought my first player off the market. Nowadays, you can buy decent players much better and younger than your starter team from the market for cheap prices, so being market-aware can help you. For further reading, visit the other nice articles in The Night Watchmen =). So back to my life story, after all these months and weeks, my squad started developing too with the usual trainings. My younger players popped in skills fast and on the long term, they would be the best players later on. I had a few good youth pulls and sold some and attributed to my 600k in my bank.

When the 3rd season started, I decided to use that 600k in addition to my already-current spendings on academies over the 15 weeks, which added up to about 45k a week on youth academy and 30k on senior. I was losing enough money that at the rate I was going, I would have zilch in my bank account - but thats where I would expect my prizemoney for the season plus maybe a few sales of my players to help me with it.

By the end of season 3, I had 3 Keepers all around the same skills. I sold my crappiest performing one for 500k and adding that to prize money, I ended up somewhere about 800k. Now, despite the excesses with youth academy investment, I was actually getting good returns with the youths I was getting. I was still stuck in Div 5 SOD, but from season 2, I kept promoting all the way to where I am now: top flight T20 you beauty XD (no idea how i win them, I just do O_O)

Season 4 was where my Senior team was full of players without one that did not perform from what was expected (I sold the useless kids off) and at the end of the season, I won 14 senior games in a row, and now I’m continously promoting every division I’m heading off to. I’ve also got plenty of fringe players that some that won’t have a future in my 2nd XI, and I sold them off for more money. I produced about 4 U/19 Bermudan youths naths by now and 1 U/19 USA with a superior youth academy. In 2 seasons time, I’d have produced 8 more U/19 Bermudan youth Nat-stadnard (I sold a few off) and now I have 2 million in the bank, spending 93k on youth and 67k on senior academies with a total expenditure including other things, to about 270k a week. Sponsorship and gate receipts (disincluding Pavilion Cups) would earn me 150k.

So to cap it up, I’m losing 120k a week - but with Pavilion Cup gate receipts (depending how far I go) and selling fringe players I don’t need, plus with a very improved squad made out of results-driven players - you can make big profits. I’ve sold a total of $6.6million and bought $2.3mil worth of players on the TM. I’m generally not active on the market. Most clubs would have about even amount of buy/sold but going by my way of earning money, you’d be selling more than bought (in terms of $$)

To summarize:

- Get your team to the top divisions - gives you more exp for your players, more sponsorship money, more prizemoney and gate receipts too.

- Rely on your youth academy (pull general…generally better) for your input of players…can still rely on TM but I didn’t and you don’t have to if you want…unless you want a good starter team if you’re a newbie

- Prizemoney is the way to kick-start up your financial earnings

Cheers.

Any comments would be appreciated =)
Link: http://www.thenightwatchman.info/archives/265