View Single Post
Old December 6, 2012, 08:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Here's my fear... and it's a recurring nightmare for BD... the fast bowlers are slowly being eliminated one by one from Bangladesh Cricket.

It would appear, the best way for any fast bowler to secure a place in the team in the future, is to literally be an all rounder.

I don't deny that at this time, the fast bowling unit has been destroyed and why play bowlers who simply cannot perform well enough. But my point is that no other current teams would do what Bangladesh might do, and play just one pace bowler.

It's so very sad to witness, Rubel, Shafiul and Nazmul all being set aside just 18 months after I left the role of bowling coach. Whatever the BCB has or hasn't learned, the fact you need to bring through fast bowlers to win Test matches and ODI's is sound. You do not dominate world cricket with spinners. No team ever has. It's either a pace attack to be scared of, or a batting line up that can chase down any target.

So very sad to see where the pace unit has come to
Maybe we could be the first. :wink: We should also take in to account that Shafiul and especially Rubel had severe shoulder injuries and were out for quite some time. Maybe this is why both have struggled so far. T20s are a tough place to come back to and I feel Shafiul just couldn't find his feet. Rubel looked poor in the 1st innings of the 1st test but then looked much better. We have to remember also that before they got injured, they weren't the best of pacers. So it was a setback for sure. Nazmul has always had injury issues which has hampered his progress as well.

So overall I'm not too worried. I still remain optimistic about them. Yes they're far from finished products but I'm sure they'll get there and hope they don't suffer anymore severe injuries.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)