View Single Post
Old November 16, 2007, 09:42 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Just a reminder to everyone.

According to local coaches (Academy and Shaun), Nazimuddin is a sound player with good technique and is a very capable hook and pull shot player. In fact Nazimuddin considers these shots as his strengths like Afatb and Asharful (which he said in the interview with Prothom-Alo).

He performed consistently with age group and A teams in different conditions including fast and bouncy pitches of England where most deliveries rise above the waist.

If someone go through the Cricinfo commentary in the match against Pakistan, he will find how good he was dealing short pitched deliveries from Shoaib and Asif. A mere failure in the T20 cricket doesn't wipe out his consistent performances over the years in the domestic and international (A team and age group) circuit.

Whoever has written the piece hardly has any idea about technique and have used the common terminologies to describe a player whose techniques can be better described using the exact opposite words.

if you don't believe me, make a phone call (I have telephone numbers of most of the coaches and some national level players, PM me if you need telephone number) and talk with any local coaches or players playing with Nazim, this is an open challenge.