View Single Post
Old December 7, 2012, 06:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Whoever is criticising Mahmudullah even in the slightest is truly a clown. He looked the most comfortable there out of anyone. He saved our skin. To the haters hatin' on Riyad did you want to see BD get bowled out for 30? Idiots who criticise a player who literally saved us from humiliation. I reckon if Mushy had stayed for a lot longer then the match was still winnable considering how Riyad was going and the run rate at that time. Riyad was what still kept us in the game.

And also i wouldnt make any changes for the last ODI cos it was just the mentality that got us into a sticky situation. So chopping and changing the lineup wont help if you dont change your mentality. I never wanted Naeem in the ODI team in the first place so i would want to get rid off him.
true if mushy stuck around the match was still winnable with the way riyad was going. but the frustration with riyad is that he often plays an innings like this, in this situation but we never pull it out and when he bats up the order he doesn't do so well. but yes he did well and he did save our behinds from humiliation. it's just hard because where he bats, normally he needs to be a big hitter but isn't so good at that, but in situations like this he's really good. but riyad's spot shouldn't be in question, at current the only person spot in the ODI team that should be in question is naeem.