View Single Post
Old March 3, 2003, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Orpheus

I hope what you say is true about the BCB having good ideas. However, I think we are lacking more than a good leader. I think SHC was a very good leader, but even he failed to introduce a viable first class system. Something like this should have been put in place years ago, sometime in the mid-1990s so that when we eventually got Test Status, we would be ready for it. We got Test Status almost three years ago and we still don't have one, and thats shameful.

Secondly, I know ideas are a dime a dozen and I wish I was in a position to take my idea and make it happen. But I'm not, so the best we can do is throw these ideas out, try to refine them and then try to get the point across to the people that run BCB. There will be many problems, there will be corruption, but we can't let all that stand in our way. I don't think we need a thousand leaders, you will be surprised what one strong person with clear goals can achieve. We may not be able to pick that person, but perhaps we can help whoever is there to define the goals and help them achieve those goals.