View Single Post
Old February 20, 2017, 06:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Why Tusher Imran Failed- A curious case of Benjamin?

‘’দল ঘোষণার ঠিক আগ মুহূর্তে বিসিএলে ডাবল সেঞ্চুরি করে আলোচনায় চলে এসেছেন প্রাইম ব্যাংক দক্ষিণাঞ্চলের অভিজ্ঞ ব্যাটসম্যান তুষার ইমরান। তবে ব্যাপারটা আলোচনাতেই সীমাবদ্ধ থেকেছে। নির্বাচক কমিটির এক সদস্য আক্ষেপ করে বললেন, ‘তুষারের বিসিএলে ভালো খেলেও লাভ কী? এত দিন পর তো আর তাকে সরাসরি জাতীয় দলে নেওয়া যায় না। এই মুহূর্তে আমাদের একটা “এ” দল খুব দরকার ছিল।’ তবে তুষারের মতো ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে যাঁরা ভালো করেছেন, তাঁদের আশাবাদী করতে পারে বিসিবির ক্রিকেট পরিচালনাপ্রধান আকরাম খানের কথা, ‘যারা পারফর্ম করবে, তাদের জন্য কিন্তু দরজাটা সব সময় খোলা থাকবে।‘’ Source:Prothom Alo

BC fan (including me) might have discarded him long time back as he never blossom in national outfit. Recently, I have realised that he started his Test career when he was 20 and BD just started to play test. Except Bashar and Ash nobody actually did well in Test and eventually lost in translation. I cannot remember is anyone currently playing from that bunch. Tusher Imran is the only one who is playing well and doing exceeding well (9000 runs). Some people said he is one of the best in red ball cricket and defiantly his stats are supporting it. Furthermore, he is frequently scoring better than current national players in longer version of the game. Why did not our management try him for long period of time, why he was not given another chance and have we learnt our lessons etc. - all need to be a good case for investigation for our future Test players strategy and planning. Someone has to have a vision for our Test team; just giving opportunities to our young ODI/T20 players might not be fruitful in the long run. Test needs mature heads- no doubt about it whereas we are playing with all the young players who need couple of years to get the maturity (subject to consistency).

In my opinion, Nayeem, Nafees and Tusher Imran should get a chance in Test team as I am still thinking Somuya Sarker and Shabbir have been dragged to Test arena a bit early. I would like to see fans view of the world as well; also BD think-tank!

Tusher Imran’s recent interview:

http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/arti...A6%BF%E2%80%99