View Single Post
Old September 27, 2013, 04:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

for the BCB XI match i'd go:

Mahmud Ullah, Anamul Haque, Ziaur Rahman, Jahurul Islam, Naeem Islam, Mominul Hoque, Shamsur Rahman, Marshall Ayub, Farhad Reza, Mehrab Hossain, Sajedul Islam, Souyma Sarker, Muktar Ali, Nur Hossain

1 jahurul
2 soumya
3 anamul
4 naeem
5 mominul
6 marshall
7 mehrab/shamsur?
8 zia
9 sajidul
10 muktar
11 nur

might have to put riyad at #7 but i really don't see any point of riyad playing this match, he's experienced, we know what he's got atm in tests in the middle order and in the lower order, his position in the test side should come down to whether we want to play him at #8 or not which means this match would be pointless for him.

for jahurul this is a chance to show selectors he can score big. for soumya it's a good experience and also a chance to show the selectors what he's capable of. for anamul the selectors get a look at him at #3, against decent opposition, in a longer format match. for naeem and mominul it's experience against good competition and possibly to duke out who gets into the national XI (if only one is to be chosen). for marshall, mehrab and shamsur it's just any chance for them to show they may deserve higher honours and should be a back-up/next in-line batsman for the national team). and for the bowlers it's a chance to show what they've got against better opposition, none of them have a huge amount of experience in international cricket.

farhad is like riyad, we know what there is to offer so why take a spot away from someone we know less about? i know it could be a chance for riyad to show himself capable in the middle order but he's had plenty of those chances in test cricket, also there are a bunch of solid middle order batsman atm that really should be ahead of him (shakib, mushy, nasir, naeem, mominul) and 2 of those players are in this squad already fighting for a middle order national team spot and they've both done better than riyad in the middle order in test cricket so why should he get the chance ahead of them?