View Single Post
Old July 19, 2012, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Guys, you are thinking of Nazmul to be the real gem for some reason the coach or the management team can't see when he is training with them every day. As much as I support him for his military pace, line bowling.. but he is just that. He is a fan favorite because we really havent seen him much because of his in and out of national team. He has been mostly out due to his injury ( a la Syed Rasel) and never been able to convince any coach that he is serious about improving his physical condition ( a very common syndrome amongst Bangladesh pace bowlers except maybe Mashrafee, Shahadat). If he is being left out, its not only his fate. He also has to prove that he is a leading wicket taker in domestic league ( like Shafiul) or has the best econ rate ( e.g., Mashrafee), can swing the ball ( e.g., Syed Rasel) or something that's significantly better than Abul (e.g., Fastest bowler) , Shahadat (Second fastest, experience), Rubel (Fast, Reverse Swing) etc.
I personally don't expect him to be any better than a third pacer in the long run, unless of course he develops Vaas/McGrath like accuracy, or thereabouts. But he has proven himself every chance he's had when people who were put in ahead of him have failed miserably. For example, I really don't think he would have done as badly as Abul did yesterday, or been as wayward as Shafiul has too many times, or been as pathetic as Shahadat has been everyday in the last forty seven hundred years.

About domestic cricket - he rarely gets to play as he is too busy warming the bench for the national team.