View Single Post
Old March 21, 2015, 02:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
The manner of defeat in the last game has got me thinking about our chances for even qualifying for next WC. Sorry to say, but thanks to the spineless batting performance in 2nd innings, am having reservations. We are not addressing any key issues. We have lost to afghanistan and hong kong last year. And in world cup warm-ups, against ireland. Just a victory against hapless England, and people are going gaga.
Your batting has some good talent now considering it isn't over reliant on Shakib and Mushfiqur. Tamim Iqbal needs to take a break and earn his place, tbh. He's a good batsmen, powerful hitter. Mahmudullah is playing the anchor role in your side now, which you never had. I mean, you never had a Dravid or Jayawardene in your side, ever, tbh. Sowmya Sarkar has grace and hopefully, he is able to keep himself out of controversy and I am hoping he isn't compared to a Brian Lara or Ganguly for at least the next 5-7 years, until he's scored at least 10 centuries. He's capable but he needs to prove it. Its a different thing being talented and playing consistently well. Prime e.g.: Vinod Kambli, in many ways, as talented as Tendulkar but lost it somewhere.

England weren't a depleted side at all. India lost to them (I also feel India were basically preparing for the WC and hence tried all sorts of combinations and frequently moved around the batsmen to gauge their role in the final squad and also in the process to take a bit of that focus off them)

Quote:
For last 5 years, we have been talking of overtaking Windies, but we havent yet. And in 2 years, if we don't, we play a qualifying round. Knowing Bangladeshi players, they'll crumble under pressure and fail to qualify for WC in one of knock-out qualifying matches. People are not seeing that at all. We had a great chance this WC, but we blew it.

This is very harsh on the team that has never qualified to be in the knock outs and when they did finally, you want them to lift the cup already. This is a lil unfair, cut them some slack.

Quote:
Young exciting talents like Taskin, Sabbir has always been there in our history, but as a team we just never progress. Shahadat created same hype. And what about Junaid Siddique. Remember guys? Please don't say these guys will turn around. In the process of turning a corner, we have been going round and round.
Tbh, your bowling has never looked this good. Period. This is the best you've got by far for as long as I can remember.

Quote:
In short, next world might be without BD.
Impossible being a test team

Quote:
And as we know, ICC doesn't give a rat's *** about Bangladesh. Only got ourselves to blame, and also this attitude of fans who are praising mediocrity from this team. Sometime I just feel indians and pakistanis are right in critizing their team even with good performances, because that allows to raise the bar higher. Here, we make one player a superstar only after a 50!
I agree that BD fans do sort of hype their team's talent a lil too much. Good or bad, I don't know. Since you cannot go into a match with a loser attitude but at the same time too much chess thumbing only builds up pressure and doesnt do any good to the team or their mental capability. No one gave them a chance right before the tournament to do well but they ended up qualifying for the knock outs, not good enough?

You do make players superstars overnight (Read: Asharaful and his numerous comparisons to Tendulkar, must have been hard on that poor kid back then. You should have just treated him as Ashraful and not Tendulkar. India started comparing Kohli to Tendulkar not because of his style of play but because of his consistency and of course his centuries (22! already!)

Also, I feel, India and Pakistan do criticize their team but they don't put them down completely. They are a lil more realistic than BD fans, just my personal opinion.