View Single Post
Old February 1, 2007, 11:05 AM

Rain or shine, Zimbabwe prepares for Croco Motors series

THE Bangladesh cricket team arrives in Harare this afternoon, for the Croco Motors One-Day International (ODI) series against Zimbabwe.
All the four matches of the series are at the Harare Sports Club. The first one is on on Sunday, the 4th of February. The second one is on Tuesday, the third on Friday and the fourth and final one on Saturday.
After losing a three one-day match warm-up series against South Africa A, the Zimbabwe squad returned to Harare for camping, but persistent rains in the capital have disturbed most of their training sessions. However, team manager Givemore Makoni said the weather conditions have not shattered the training programme.
“We managed to have nets after coming back from Bulawayo, and we also had a practice match on Wednesday,” he said, adding: “On Thursday, we are hoping to have another practice match, then another one on Friday. On Saturday we will have a light session. We will be ready for the first match on Sunday.”
On his side’s mental preparedness after the series whitewash defeat in Bangladesh late last year, Makoni said: \"They have put those losses in Bangladesh and against South Africa A behind them. They have obviously picked a few lessons and are looking forward to this series.” All players picked for the 22-men training squad worked out this week, including fit-again opening batsman Terrence Duffin, who has missed the last three series due to a torn wrist tendon. Zimbabwe team physiotherapist Amato Machikicho declared Duffin “medically and clinically fit”. Squads
Zimbabwe (training squad): Prosper Utseya (captain), Gary Brent, Erick Chauluka, Chamunorwa Chibhabha, Elton Chigumbura, Charles Coventry, Keith Dabengwa, Terrence Duffin, Trevor Garwe, Anthony Ireland, Tafadzwa Kamungozi, Friday Kasteni, Hamilton Masakadza, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Christopher Mpofu, Tawanda Mupariwa, Mluleki Nkala, Edward Rainsford, Vusumuzi Sibanda, Brendan Taylor and Sean Williams.

Source: Zimbabwe Cricket website