View Single Post
Old January 7, 2013, 05:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I was hoping it would never go below 40 throughout his career. Thank GOD I didn't put money on that premature thought. That being said, I still believe he'll be the first Bangladeshi batsman to end his career with a 50 average and 20+ centuries in each of the two major formats (Tests and ODIs).
There are three batsmen in the history of ODIs with 50+ averages (min. 50 innings). MS Dhoni and Michael Bevan who have predominantly batted at 5 - 7 throughout their careers and have thus notched up a considerable amount of NOs which contribute greatly towards their impressive averages. And then there is Hashim Amla who so far has batted in 60 odd innings. Given that you have followed Bijoy closer than most people I'm sure that there is sound reasoning behind your confidence that he'll join that elite group batting at 2 - 3. I, on the other hand, will be more than satisfied if he can maintain an average of 30 - 35 throughout his career at a reasonably decent SR. But even to achieve that he has a lot of work to do on his technique. This is where I miss JS.