View Single Post
Old July 13, 2010, 06:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Straus and Trott came out with the intention to score centuries and they did, they manipulated the bowling and the field placements, Trott was batting more aggressively here, and he put pressure on the bowlers, who was clueless how to handle him.Shafi lost his confidence by getting thrashed, he is only 20 yrs old, has to learn how to bowl accurately in pressure situations. I am so sad that all their brilliance on Saturday was wiped out yesterday by demonstrating once again that they cannot handle pressure. 347 runs was too much to chase, even the Aussies would not have been able to chase that against England. This has to play on the minds of the batsmen.Do we hit like madmen or play soberly?
Tamim as an emerging batsman should know that an opener dont use use the slash and burn technique, play soberly and then hit the bad balls. i admired the way Strauss and Trott batted and no wonder they made their centuries. I know that they are in their late 20's and as such has more maturity and it showed. I wish the BD batsmen have at least learnt something and do not make the same mistakes over and over again.