View Single Post
Old March 2, 2016, 07:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

I still can't believe it. Cause, we made a game out of it, should have done it lot easier with overs to spare, Soumya was hitting it well, got bogged down a little hence lost his wicket to a good yorker.
Mushy, is trying these little silly shots when your out of form you want to bat straight as possible. But I think, in T20i's Mushy feels abit hurried into trying to score runs quickly too much hence its affecting his approach in this format; definitely needs to bat lower.

Shakib did the similar thing. Why try scooping to a guy who was bowling 150clicks? Again when your out of form, bat straight, rotating the strike and get the runs ticking that way you feel you moving things along rather than being bogged down (which increases pressure).

Mahmudullah - my new HERO. Held his nerve so well. One point I felt the pressure was too intense- what if he goes out? But, Mashrafe coming out like that and hitting two quick 4's brought the momentum towards BD. Mash made them panic a little. Trust me had Mithun came out to bat instead of Mashrafe BD most likely had lost the game. As he would have missed all Amirs deliveries, and Pak bowlers would have felt more confident bowling at Mithun but with Mashrafe they knew he can tonk it if they don't get it right.

In the end, Riyad made it look much comfortable hitting the no ball for 4! Took all the pressure off. Riyadh held his nerve WELL. A future Bangladesh national Team Limited Overs International (50over and T20) captain, for SURE and RIGHTLY so.

Just want to say a special Thank You to our future captain: Mohammad Mahmudullah Riyad.