View Single Post
Old February 18, 2007, 01:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default দুরনীতিবাজ ঘুষখোর সুদখোরের মধ্যে কোন পাথক্য নেই

It started a few days ago ... politicians have began their process of pulling Dr. Yunus to their level so that they can beat him there.

Yesterday Shiekh Hasina gave her first speech to the public and expressed her opinion about Dr. Yunus.

Links:

Prothom Alo (Normal single column news)
Daily Inqilab (First Lead News)
The Daily Star
The Daily Ittefaq (Lead News)

While the comment of S. Hasina gives us an indication of the future action plan of BAL with regard to Dr. Y, it is very interesting to note that,

1. Daily Inqilab and Daily Ittefaq put high emphasis on the news and their headlines where identical (The one I used for this thread).

2. Prothom Alo and Daily Star put much less importance on this very significant news item and their headlines were entirely different parts of that speech. Prothom Alo: "ঢালাওভাবে রাজনিতীবিদদের গালি দেওা ঠিক না" Daily Star: "Reveal names of those who whitened black money". I wonder why such difference in perspective.

P.S. Please forgive the বাংলা typing errors, I tried my best but could not get any better using অভ্র ফোনেটিক্স.

Last edited by zakirc; February 18, 2007 at 01:53 AM.. Reason: Mistake in heading.