View Single Post
Old May 3, 2018, 01:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
There is matter of personal opinion which you rephrased to just now and then there is making statements like "any sane person cannot like what Ramos, Pepe (ex) and sometimes Casemiro do in the field". My reply to was just that only because if we are talking sanity, then some of the stuff for example Suarez does are also not something a sane person can like if we were to go by your statement. Regardless, every big team will have a Ramos, Vidal, Suarez etc. who are known for their antics.

Fair enough on the good players point, if that's what you prefer.

And I am not sure what you mean typically? How often have you seen me bring Barcelona into a conversation? For the record, I only brought Barcelona because you mentioned right before RM parts that Barcelona is one of your favorite teams and I do not watch the other teams you mentioned enough to know which players are known for their antics. You brought up the question of sanity by others so I mentioned that the team you support also contains players that have done not so sane things in the past going by your statement. As for the Ramos part, I was just responding to your statement as to why he is considered one of the best. When they are giving the Balon D'or to let's say Messi or Ronaldo, they are not looking at who they fouled, how many cards they got, or how ugly they were with other players. They are basing it on their respective stats, titles, and season performance. That's the same in Ramos's case. You might look at things outside of his abilities such as antics and spirit while others do not, that's all. Doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong or they are right and you are wrong. It's just what aspects people value over others.

At the end, I would not have questioned any of your statements if you phrased in terms of personal opinion instead of making it seem like you're judging everyone who like those players and RM in general.
Fair enough. By "typical" I meant the typical RM vs Barca fight over social media, not specific to you. It's perhaps the first time we're arguing on anything.

Although I like the playing style of Barcelona or Liverpool or ManCity, I watch other teams' games as well, especially if they are renowned like RM or ManU and so on. Naturally, my support goes to the weaker side. However, I can have a neutral view on how it's being played. For example, being an Azzurri fan all my life, I would like to see Serie A teams do well. However I would still dislike if they fail to show any attractive football (like they played more physical football in UCL SF). Although I was rooting for LFC yesterday, I would still talk about how Roma didn't get a penalty from the first handball (but the one they got wasn't perhaps right either).

I hope you get my point. I like beautiful football whether it's technical or eye-catching. I can't be blind on features like red-card category fouls, super-aggressive tackling, intentional handballs, slapping/kicking/biting opponents, act of falling in D-box to get unfair penalty - whoever does it from whichever team.

Talking about Ramos, yes, he is a good defender. But I also see his outrageous activities which are more frequent than any other. I wouldn't allow such nature in my team (if I had any) just for the sake of winning. And yes, It's my personal opinion. People can still love him. Fans of Spain or RM will definitely love him. Who am I to stop this? I'm just saying what I think and believe.