View Single Post
Old March 25, 2015, 10:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Interesting when our bowlers struggle, blame goes to Hathurusingha. But when our bowlers do well, all credit to Heath Streak. This is why they say its very difficult for a subcontinental coach. Because people will never be willing to give them the credit that is due.

I dont think at any point Hathurusingha has singled out any individual. All he said was it wasnt the best fifteen, and that he wanted a leg spinner. True Jubair is no Imran Tahir yet, but anyone who has watched him bowl will know he has this uncanny habit of picking wickets. Thats exactly what the coach wanted.

I think we have a very talented coaching team, not just Hathurusingha, but also Streak, Kalpage, Halsall, Mario Villavarayan. We might think Halsall is just a fielding coach, but he was Englands assistant coach and Andy Flowers number 2. All of them have worked with the team for a very short time. I bet in the next year or two we will see a lot more improvement. I bet they ll all openly admit a lot more work is to be done.