View Single Post
Old January 19, 2013, 05:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarty
Well the thing is look at that deficit reduction, they cut their deficit by more than half + I dont know about Bangladesh but they PCB is investing in two new stadiums, more cricket zones and with zero cricket and the usual embezzlement here and there I'd take 700 mill deficit happily. Plus we dont have a cash cow in terms of a premier league or play at home so i think those figures make a lot of sense.

Overall BCB is in a much better shape financially courtesy WC2011, Asia Cup. BPL is a whole different story as its budget is likey to be many times more than even BCB's own budget i suppose.

Conclusion: You guys have more money to spend and less people and facilities to spend it on.We have less money to spend, but we are looking at spending more than we have in our infrastructure so thus the deficit.
I think, we as a new cricketing nation than Pak, are spending more on infrastructure. Every year, you will see stadiums getting new facilities and new venues are being approved by ICC. How they do it without investment. You hardly have new venue creation.

More over, as a new test playing nation, we have infrastructural developments like, stadiums, pitches, associated facilities going on almost all over the country.

But without looking at the papers, you can't say who is earning more / spending more, but Pak definitely isn't earning to its full potential due to no home series and no franchise based leagues. That should make a big difference between the two boards.

As far as PSL goes, it's just a Zaka politics, to keep the players quiet from revolting. The day PSL will be feasible, all int teams will start traveling to Pak...so this is just a Zaka stunt to fool the people and players of Pak...talking of 100m... He must have planned a Money plant garden...

yes, if security improves and foreign players can travel, then it could be a possibility. I don't see that in near future...terrorism will be kept alive in Pak, until denuclearization of Pak. Well, that's a different subject and can be discussed in appropriate section.

Last edited by BANFAN; January 20, 2013 at 09:08 AM..