View Single Post
Old July 18, 2012, 10:16 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i hope BD doesn't get over confident, if they think ireland will be down and out after this big loss they are fools, ireland is one of the best mentally strong teams
I think we have a very good coach and a sensible captain to prevent such a thing. Everything went right in the last game but as our bowling proved, we would have been able to defend a score much lower than that against Ireland also. Ireland would probably get better against our spinners as the series progresses but our players would also get used to the conditions to make things even.

I must say again that this T-20 team looks the strongest team we have fielded.

We have found an opening combination that is giving us stable starts. These two guys (Tamim and Ash) are both test centurions so they are most likely to be able to withstand quality pace bowling once the tournament begins in Sri Lanka. I think not losing wickets at the start allows our stronger middle order to play freely. So thanks to these guys for playing it safe and giving us that foundation.

Shakib was always a class player but now with Ryiad 2.0 and little dynamite Mushy we do have a formidable middle order that seems to have the skill to find boundaries with a spread out field and also go over the boundary when required. Nasir hasn't quite found his feet in T-20s yet but as we have seen in the Asia Cup the guy has immense talent. I have faith that he will step up when it matters.

Zia has been fantastic as a power-hitter at death so far. He succeeded in the last game but there will be times when he will fail so we need to be patient with him and help him develop. The potential is definitely there with him.

With Sunny in such terrific form it makes the job easier for Shakib and Razzak to control the opposition innings. I think a three SLA attack made famous by Rafique, Shakib and Razzak can be applied in Sri Lankan conditions to good affect.

Can't understand why Nazmul is still being ignored. The 19 yr old has plenty of time to mature and it his really disheartening for an experienced pro like Nazmul to sit out game after game like this.

Overall really proud of the boys for their performance