View Single Post
Old October 15, 2006, 06:48 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I somehow agree with Razab bhai despite some double standard in his post as already mentioned by TheWatcher.

We need youngstars to perform on a consistent basis. It's better if they fight for the place for a longer period and gain some experience. In that process they will understand the value of performance to keep their place.

Now, we are in a rebuilding phase. We have already introduced a good number of youngstars and they are performing well. But we need to keep some buira in our side who are performer.

IMO, Bashar, Aftab, Ashraful, Rafiq, Razzak, Mashrafee, SN should make the core of BD team. They have played for a while and proved their potential. Many of us might argue about Ashraful but I believe he has lot to deliver.

We should think about the future and for the next one year we should use the following bunch of players. No more influx

In ODI, with batting order

SN
Mehrab Jr./Nazmus Sadat (we should experiment against Zimbos to find appropriate pair)
Aftab
Sakib
Bashar
Ashraful
Mushfiq/Masud
Mashrafee
Rafiq
Razzak
Shahdat/Rasel
Farhad

Farhad should play in the playing XI depending on pitch condition and he can replace Rafiq/Razzak/Shahadat/Rasel

In test

SN
JO
Bashar
Aftab
Ashraful
Rajin/Sakib
Masud
Rafiq
Enamul Jr.
Mashrafee
Shahadat