View Single Post
Old August 8, 2012, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
So suppose certain MR.X has the 1st draft pick, and the Best Player in that draft is MR.Y..so MR.X can pick MR.Y from the draft since he has the 1st pick..But due to MR.Y's skills he has a high price and MR.X cant afford him..so in this case despite having the 1st draft pic MR.X cant draft MR.Y right?..i am talking about the NFL/NBA/MLB cases..since i dont follow this leagues i dont know anything about their system.

here in MLC this isn't the case i see, it was known that who ever got the 1st pick would get cris gayle and exactly thats what happened
Yup. Now if you want to bring in the full complexity of a draft system - you'll need Dilscoop to do this as a full time effort ans use a simulator that endows the players with some AI. Once free agency starts - each player will act as a sentient entity - will the player negotiate a 1 year contract for a fixed price with the hope that next season he will be valued much higher. Or does he not risk it all and sign up for a multi-year contract?

How much money does each franchise have? Of course - based on the owners you can assume some but that also implies now you have to have a financial model to represent each owner and how much money is available towards the team.

All this and much more. Better to start off with a simplified system where we do not go into the financial complexities and assume all players can be acquired. So let's get through the draft and start the league. In between - if this is becoming popular we can start bringing in more complexities - only so far as it can be managed by a volunteer. I'm not aware of a simulator that does all of it.