View Single Post
Old September 3, 2013, 06:10 AM
2019 WC Ranking Predictor Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener

Manchester United have landed Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini in a deal worth £27.5 million.

David Moyes: “I have worked with Marouane for five years and I’m delighted he has decided to join Manchester United. He is a player with great ability and strength and I think he will make a real difference to our squad.”

Fellaini: “I am thrilled to sign for Manchester United. I have known the manager for many years now and I have a lot of respect for his way of working. When I was given the opportunity to work with him again, I jumped at the chance. I had a fantastic time at Everton and I’d like to thank all the fans and staff there for everything they have done for me. But being a Manchester United player is something that every player dreams of and I believe that I can make a real contribution to the team’s efforts to win trophies in the future."

Some stats about Marouane Fellaini via Opta and Squawka.

* Fellaini scored 11 PL goals last season, only one Man Utd midfielder (Kagawa, 6), scored more than two.

* No midfielder in Man United's entire squad won more tackles than Marouane Fellaini last term (60). Michael Carrick his nearest rival on 58.

* He scored 5 headed goals last season, the same amount as Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernandez & Danny Welbeck combined.

* Fellaini won 151 headers last season, more than the 11 midfield players that featured in Manchester United’s whole squad (93).