View Single Post
Old March 24, 2012, 02:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i don't mean to sound harsh towards ashraful but the team has clearly performed better and had a better attitude without him in the team/squad. i don't know if it's coincidence or whether ash just has a big influence on the team but the performance and attitude of the team nowadays speaks for itself.

i would prefer it if hom was to get a recall before ash did, or even asif or mominul, even naeem. but we need to select carefully right now. the team has a great attitude, we don't want to insert anyone who will put a negative impact on them so we need to pick players who perform and have the right attitude. anamul seems to be that, i'm not sure the attitudes of hom, mominul or asif but i think they are our big batting prospects so whoever has the best attitude out of those guys would be a good selection imo.

although i am swayed to give jahurul another series at #3, he did ok, showed promise but the next series is a make or break for him. a good series and he gets a long term spot and poor one and he's out for awhile.
At some point he will probably get selected as one of Nazimuddin, Kayes, Jaharul is likely to suck at some point in the future and he scores some runs in the domestics. All I'm saying is whoever gets selected should get several chances on the trot to cement his place. Lesser "talents" like Nazimuddin, Kayes, Jaharul deserve 3-4 innings. Bigger talents like Alok, Ash, Aftab deserve 5-10 because the opportunity cost between a bigger talent and smaller one is much greater. If Kayes is wrongfully dropped, whoever replaces him will probably equal or even exceed his output. Not so if you drop a potential team leader. Remember the PAK tour of 2008, a lot of people were talking about dropping Shakib who in two years had a few meaningless fifties, and a hundred against lowly Canada. At the time we had no idea how skilled Shakib was. Imagine if we had dropped him saying "hes played 2 years and 50 innings and zero consistency". Whoever his replacement would have been would have been so far under his quality that it would been a colossal loss to the team.

After posting all that, I just realized, nevermind you're probbaly right, because Ash will never be as consistent as Shakib or Tamim. At best he'll be the guy who can score consistent "useful" innings and his bi-yearly Eids. In that case we already have Nasir.

So nevermind, you're right. Disregard all that.

#OneTeam1Dream